Tuesday, August 26, 2008

If its free, its for me

I have been finding out about some cool free events going on in our city. The first one I learned about is "free crafts for kids" at Lakeshore Learning Store. Every Saturday from 11:00-3:00 kids can come in and complete a craft. The store is located at 1850 Douglas Blvd, in the same shopping center as TJ Maxx and Baja Fresh. Here is the craft schedule for the rest of the month:

Sept 6 - "My First Day of School" Photo Frame
Sept 13 - An Apple for My Teacher
Sept 20 - Silly Chef's Hat
Sept 27 - Let's Play Catch

The other info on free events came from the City of Roseville Recreation Guide. There is so much good stuff in there! I tore out the map of parks and bike trails, the schedule of special events in downtown Roseville, the storytime schedule at Maidu library, and the info for a gymnastics class I might put Macy in (not free). If you missed it in the mail, you can get the same exact info on their website at http://www.roseville.ca.us/parks/ and click on Current Guide.

Hope that gives you a little something extra to do without breaking the bank! Call a new friend from your table and go try something out. You'll appreciate the city's efforts and you might even see me there :)
-Carly

No comments: